This training programme is suitable for all NHS Organisations and employers in the independent and voluntary sectors supporting nurses, midwives and AHPs who are newly registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and the Health Professionals Council (HPC).
This programme is available for delivery in-house for organisations that have several individuals that would benefit from this training. For further information on in-house programmes, please call or email us to discuss your requirements.
This unique Preceptorship Training Programme has been designed specifically around the guidelines published within the Department of Health’s Preceptorship Framework for Newly Registered Nurses, Midwives and Allied Health Professionals and is the first of it’s kind in the UK. What makes our training even more unique is that we have tailored our, already successful, Certified NLP Diploma Programme, specifically for Preceptorship which means that participants will not only learn invaluable skills for effective preceptorship, they will also have the opportunity to gain a Diploma in NLP at the same time.
The Preceptorship Programme is for you if :
- You are a Healthcare Professional and are currently carrying out a Preceptor role (or plan to do so)
- You want to understand the background to Preceptorship.
- You want to understand the role of a Preceptor.
- You want to learn more about the powerful art and science of NLP.
- You are looking for Personal Development and Growth.
- You want to learn skills to bring about positive change for yourself and your Preceptee/s.
- You want tools and techniques that improve the way that you think, communicate and manage your relationships.
- You are ready for positive change.
What you will learn?
- An Introduction to Preceptorship
- What is Preceptorship? An awareness of the programme.
- Benefits of Preceptorship (to the Preceptee, the Preceptor, the employer and the professions).
- The difference between Preceptorship and Mentoring/Supervision.
- Your role as Preceptor, and the role of the Preceptee.
- The background and key principles of NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming)
- Empowering mindsets
- How to communicate effectively – verbally and non-verbally
- How to build and maintain rapport
- Outcome based goal setting
- State Management
- Linguistics – the power of words
- How to give feedback
- A model of personal and organisational change
- Effective conflict management
- Understanding motivation strategies
- Understanding values and beliefs
What to expect from the Training:
- Modular delivery with time in between to allow integration of learning.
- An experiential training programme, full of interactive exercises which will enable you to practice and experience techniques
- Expect to have fun, enjoy the training and most of all, be ready for positive change for both you and your preceptee.
Click here to download a brochure – Preceptorship_NLP_Diploma_Flyer
Click here for a programme fact file which includes details of outcomes of the training – Preceptorship_NLP_Diploma_Flyer
This training course is extremely popular and spaces are limited. Book early to secure a place.
Click here for a booking form – UM Diploma – BF General